英文心得-110年學海飛颺計畫-美國研習-經管系 侯同學

活動名稱:110年學海飛颺計畫-美國研修

國外實習國家/學校:美國/內布拉斯加大學卡尼爾分校

The Experience of Exchange

Hello everyone, my name is Hou Yan-Jiun, and I’m in the second year of my master's degree at NUU. My major is business management. It was my pleasure to be an exchange student at the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) in the United States. I had an awesome life at UNK. Before going to UNK, I knew nothing about UNK, Kearney, or even Nebraska. I searched where Nebraska is, where Kearney is, and what is in there on google, but I still didn't have any ideas. After I arrived at UNK, I just began to understand this place more and more. It's safe and quiet, and the local people are friendly. It's a great place for international students to study. I like the location and environment of UNK so much. All of the teachers, staff, and students at UNK are so nice. No matter our problems, they are very friendly and willing to help us. In fact, they gave us a lot of guidance at the beginning of the semester on how to live at UNK or in the U.S., which made it easier for us to integrate into the local life and we hardly encountered any difficult problems or situations. I was so happy at UNK every day. 

UNK has a wide variety of programs for students to choose from, and students can choose courses based on their interests. It does not matter if it is not related to my major, especially as an exchange student I can choose courses that are not available at my home university or that I didn't have time to take in the past. Although I felt a lot of autonomy in my classes at the university of the US, it was not easy. There were assignments or reports in almost every class, and some of them were quite heavy. Many of them were not easy to complete. Some of the teachers checked the attendance in class. There were also discussions and interactions necessarily in class, and everyone had to speak. All in all, although the classes were not easy, I didn't feel that they were very difficult. Looking back on this semester, it was an enriching and great experience.

Living abroad can really teach us a lot of different things. Maybe it's just one little thing, but every little thing is a learning experience. And when we put them all together, they give us a different perspective. This exchange opportunity allowed me to learn more about the United States, and taking classes at UNK allowed me to learn and try different ways of learning. There are many things that are difficult to experience in Taiwan, and staying in an all-English environment to strengthen my English skills was something I have always wanted to do before. Living in Kearney is comfortable and the people are very kind, so international students can easily interact with them. In the process of communication, we learned how to get along with Americans and had more conversations with native English speakers, which helped to improve our English skills. I am so thankful for everyone I met at UNK and Kearney because they made my life great. This exchange student trip has become one of the best memories of my life so far. Highly recommend people who are interested in living abroad be exchange students.






留言